Instructions for Authors
- The editors accept original contributions in English language. By submission of a manuscript an author certifies that the work is original and is not being considered simultaneously by another publisher.
- Manuscripts should normally be between 6000-8000 words. All manuscripts will be peer reviewed and only those receiving favourable recommendation will be accepted for publication.
- Manuscripts should be written in British English.
- References: please follow Chicago Manual Style, 17th edition, author-date system: https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-2.html. Authors are supposed to follow the reference guide.
- Authors may submit their paper in any scholarly format or layout, however, they should follow the structure in a sample available on the website.
- Authors are supposed to anonymise a manuscript. Authornames and funding information should be removed and can be re-added later in the peer review process.
- RSC employs a double-blind peer review system.
- Reviewer selection is critical to the publication process, and we base our choice on many factors, including expertise, reputation, specific recommendations and our own previous experience of a reviewer’s characteristics. We select referees who are quick, careful and provide reasoning for their views.
- All manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via Editorial Manager.