Psychotherapeutic Propaedeutics – (independent) part of the Psychosocial Support (BA) programme
Type of the programme: (independent) part of the study programme Psychosocial Support (BA)
Duration: 1 year (60 ECTS)
Mode of study: Part-time study
Place of studies: Ljubljana
Do you want to gain basic knowledge or improve your knowledge of psychosocial support and counselling?
Do you need confirmation that the study of Psychosocial Support is really the right education for you?
Then enrol into the (independant) part of the study programme – Psychotherapeutic Propaedeutics. The programme is an introduction to Psychosocial Support studies. It is indended for individuals who want to improve their knowledge of psychosocial support and counseling or to confirm that this is the right area where they will continue to education and work.
The general objective of the Psychotherapeutic Propaedeutic program is to equipe candidates with basic knowledge in the field of psychosocial support that enables them to make meaningful decisions about possible further education in this field. Students acquire fundamental knowledge and competences for continuing to study psychosocial support or other related programmes.
Enrolment into the Psychotherapeutic Propaedeutics
Pursuant to the Article 38 of the Higher Education Act, the following persons may enrol into the study programme Psychotherapeutical Propaedeutics:
The following individuals may enrol into Psychotherapeutic Propaedeutics study programme:
- Anyone who has completed matura examination;
- Anyone who has completed the vocational matura examination or final exam at any secondary school programme;
- Anyone who has graduated from any 4-years secondary school programme before 01.06.1995.
Enrolment requirements are also fulfilled by those who have completed equivalent education abroad.
THE FIRST APPLICATION PERIOD IS OPEN!
- first application period: from 17. 2. 2021 until 28. 9. 2021
Information on the call for applications and further registration can be found at the link.
You can also visit our staff in person at the address Gregorčičeva ulica 19 in Nova Gorica, every Monday and Wednesday from 9.00 am to 11.00 am and every Tuesday and Thursday from 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm.
Open days will take place in Nova Gorica (Gregorčičeva ulica 19) and Ljubljana (Leskoškova 9e). Check dates on the link.
Candidates who enroll until 30 June 2021 (and register by 15 August 2021) will receive a 10% discount on tuition fee!
Price: EUR 2,990.00.
Terms of payment: Tuition fee can be paid as a single payment or in instalments (from 1 to 5 instalments) with the following due dates: at the time of enrolment; at the latest on 30.11.; at the latest on 31.1.; at the latest on 31.3.; at the latest on 31.5. of the current academic year.
MODE OF STUDY
The study programme for training Psychotherapeutic Propaedeutics is implemented as part-time study. When implementing part-time studies, at least one third of the organized study work provided by the programme is guaranteed. Part-time students on average realize 10 hours of organized study work in one week. The number of hours of organized study work (lectures, seminars, etc.) is lower than in the full-time study, therefore, this mode of studies requires more independent work. A study year is generally implemented in one academic year, and it is divided into two semesters. During the semesters, students attend lectures, seminars and other forms of organized activities. Exams are implemented during (three) examination periods (– the winter, summer and autumn examination period with possible pre-date for exams.
Part-time study will be implemented in the form of consultations, if less than 5 students are enrolled in the year.
Lecture schedule: Lectures and seminars are organized in the afternoon during the week or on weekends. Access to the schedule and materials is available via Web office (spletni referat) or online classroom after the candidate is registered.
The study of Psychotherapeutic Propaedeutic contains selected subjects from the higher education programme Psychosocial Support.
ECTS – European Credit Transfer SystemLegend:
L – Lectures
The (new) curriculum includes changes to the study programme adopted at the Senate session that took place on the 23rd of November 2020. The new curriculum is valid from the academic year 2021/22 onwards. (Link to the previous curriculum)
KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT AND GRADING
Knowledge assessment is part of the study process of teaching and learning, and it takes place during the course of the study process and after the completion of the individual courses of the study programme. At the same time, students are expected to pass ongoing activities. The intention and objective of knowledge assessment is to acquire regular and quality information about how students are achieving the planned general and course-specific competences, and obtain information on the achievement of the goals of the study programme.
The method of knowledge assessment and grading is determined for each individual course and specified in its syllabus. They are adjusted to verify the achieved objectives at individual courses, anticipated achievements of the study, and development of general and subject-specific competencies. Methods of knowledge assessment and grading vary because of different teaching methods, which ensure criteria of validity, reliability and objectivity, but also take into account the quality of the structure and organization of knowledge.
- Assess knowledge and skills of students,
- Assess output produced in the course of the study work,
- Offer quality feedback on the progress and achieved results, aiming to motivate students to acquire additional knowledge and skills,
- Enable integration into continuing education, and
- Obtain data for the evaluation of conducted pedagogical work.
Criteria for knowledge assessment is based on the objectives of the study programme and anticipated achievements of students, identified in individual syllabuses. Students are informed about elements of knowledge assessment and grading criteria in written form, as part of curriculum, and at the start of each course (at the beginning of each semester). Moreover, higher education lecturer informs students on the syllabus of the course, study obligations, shares of individual components of knowledge assessment that contribute to the final grade at the course, and relevant literature.
- Oral exams,
- Written exams,
- Seminar papers or essays,
- Oral presentations,
- Practical assignments or portfolio, journals,
- Solving real problems (case studies),
- Projects, peer reviews,
- A written report on professional practice.
By purchasing the STUDY + package in the amount of 300 EUR you will, in addition to the friendly staff at the faculty who are always ready to support you in your studies, get some services that will be of great help to you in your studies (possibility of year-round viewing recordings of lectures; the possibility of participation in some activities within the study process by the use of ICT).
- The knowledge and understanding of basic concepts and methods, acquaintance with innovations in the field of study;
- Acquaintance with research methods, procedures and processes, the ability to collect and interpret data, to develop critical and self-critical assessment;
- The ability to apply knowledge in practice and to solve problems;
- Development of communication skills and abilities, especially communication in an international environment;
- Cooperation, group work (in international environment);
- The knowledge and understanding of basic concepts and methods within the scope of psychosocial support relevant fields including psychology, medicine and psychiatry, as well as statistics and scientific methodologies;
- The ability to use knowledge and methods of psychosocial counselling in concrete situations of direct work with clients;
- The ability of argumentative and respectful discussion and problem-solving;
- The ability to autonomously use resources for learning specific contents;
- The ability to recognize and take into account the context of a counselling situation, its limitations, and the capability to adapt to the right approach.
COMPLETION OF THE STUDY PROGRAMME FOR TRAINING
In order to complete the studies, candidate has to acquire 60 ECTS provided by the programme. The candidate receives a certificate, which is a public document, and an Appendix with the described competences and completed contents of the programme.
Students who complete the study programme for training Psychotherapeutic Propaedeutic do not acquire an academic title or any other title. The diploma, however, allows them to continue their study on the Bachelor of Arts (BA) programme Psychosocial Support or other related programmes.
Students gain knowledge that is useful for working on the field of social protection, rehabilitation, programmes of psychosocial counselling, palliative care, especially in the fast-growing service sector, in public and private non-profit organizations, international institutions (e.g. charity organizations).