The Student Council is the School’s student body that holds elections every year in the first half of October on the basis of a decision adopted by the Dean. It must inform the Dean about the results of the elections and announce the members until the 15th November of the same year. The Student Council has eight members, so that the students of all years and cycles of studies have their representatives. The members elect their president and vice president from among themselves upon the first meeting convened by the incumbent President. The quorum is constituted if the majority of its members is present at a session. The Student Council shall send the invitations to sessions and its minutes to Dean for information.
The tasks of the Student Council:
- it discusses and forms opinions on all issues regarding student rights and obligations;
- gives opinions on teaching in the procedures of election to titles of teachers and associates;
- formulates student opinions and elects members of working bodies and bodies of the School from among the students, when so required by the Statute;
- addresses and adopts the programme and the report on extracurricular activities;
- appoints student representatives to the Senate, the Administrative Board and the Academic Assembly of the School;
- nominates student representatives for working bodies to the Senate.
You can also read more about the organization and work of the SASS student council in the Student Council rules (written in Slovene).
SASS student council for the academic year 2022/23 represent:
President : Emina Jurić, 3rd year student of undergraduate study programme Psychosocial Support.
Vice-president : Nejc Škof, 1st year student of undergraduate study programme Social management.
Secretary: Niki Toroš, 1st year student of master study programme Intercultural Management.
Member : Lea Cok, 1st year student of Ph.D. study programme Strategic Communication.
Member: Andraž Konc, 1st year student of master study programme Intercultural Management.
Member: Nina Baša, 1st year of master study programme Psychosocial Counselling.
Member: Silva Pustavrh, 1st year of undergraduate study programme Social management
Member: Peter Ferfoglia, 3rd year of Ph.D. study programme Sociology.
Member: Lucija Šiftar, 1st year of master study programme Media and Journalism.
Member: Boštjan Žabar, 2nd year of Ph.D study programme Sociology.
Member: Rok Bratina, 3rd year of Ph.D study programme Sociology.
All members of the student council are available by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Student representatives in the working bodies of the school
No. member of the SC
Rok Bratina, Peter
COMMITTEE FOR STUDENT AND STUDY AFFAIRS
SCIENTIFIC AND RESEARCH COMMITTEE
QUALITY AND EVALUATION COMMITTEE
All SC members (one-fifth of the SA)
All SC members
RESEARCH ETHICS COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE FOR AWARDING TITLES AND AWARDS